Important Sunday Night Question: Valentine’s Day crafts - are they relevant to health & fitness bloggers? Yes.
Instead of loading your friends, family & coworkers up with sugar and processed candies & treats to show your affection, use felt.
Valentine’s Day is one of my favorites to celebrate but I hate associating holidays & celebrations with candy and regret.
I made tons of these little felt fortune cookies with sweet notes inside and then packed them in mini take-out containers from Michael’s craft store. I’m gifting my friends with lip balms & teas instead of Hersey kisses or cookies.
This is a really cheap project & the V-Day themed mini take-out containers are $0.50 right now @ Michael’s.
For some of them - I used clear plastic (from the inside lining as packaging from the mini take-out containers) and hot glued them so they look like individually wrapped fortune-cookies you may know & love from sushi restaurants. This version was really easy and came out super cute - using plastic that is otherwise discarded as trash!
- mason jar lid (for tracing circles - it’s the perfect size!)
- felt - 20 cents per 9X12 sheet (makes 6 circles per sheet)
- floral wire - < $3 for the one I bought (22 gauge)
- hot glue gun
- heart hole-punches for pizazz!
It’s super simple to create these.
- Trace (~ 3”) circles onto felt, cut them out
- Hot glue a piece of the floral wire in the middle of the felt circle
- Fold the felt circle in half, bend them with the wire
Modified from a tutorial via your fav: Martha Stewart